Measurement of liquid levels one of the most important pressure sensor applications in today's municipal, process and industrial markets. Use of submersible pressure transmitters to measure level has the lowest cost of ownership and can provide the most reliable method if installed properly. Viatran offers more accurate, reliable submersible pressure/level sensors with ranges as low as 2ftH2O in a variety of chemically resistant materials. Viatran offers you the chance to read an application note about measuring pressure in slurry lines and an application note that is applicable to water and sewage treatment plants.
Monitoring Pump Discharge Pressure in Slurry Lines
In applications where positive displacement pumps are used for pumping abrasive slurries, it is imperative to measure pump discharge pressure in case the system encounters a blockage. The pump is normally capable of generating very high pressure in excess of the operating limits of the piping system. As a safety measure, normally a rupture disk system is employed as a preventative measure. However, if the desk ruptures, the slurry sprays out into the surrounding area. In the case of sewage sludge or harsh chemicals, this could mean a very expensive cleanup. Click on Monitoring Pump Discharge Pressure in Slurry Lines to learn more.
Measure Level with Pressure
There are a number of ways to measure level - from dipsticks to the naked eye, ultrasonic to bubbler systems. At Viatran we use a reliable method that is accurate to 0.1%. More and more process engineers are utilizing submersible pressure transmitters to send a 4-20 mA accurate output. This output lets them know the volume in gallons or liters or how many inches or centimeters of water are in the tank. Please click on Measure Level with Pressure to to find out a little more about what options are available to you.
Viatran Model IDP10 uses silicon sensor technology and microprocessor-based electronics to provide exceptional accuracy and reliability. Modular electronics are NEMA 4X housed with corrosion-resistant epoxy coating. Stainless steel is also available for extremely corrosive and offshore applications. As well as rotating, the electronics housing has two conduit entrances allowing flexible installation.Read more
- Application Notes: Fast Response Differential Pressure Measurement
- Application Notes: Measure Level with Pressure
- Application Notes: Monitoring Pump Discharge Pressure in Slurry Lines
- Application Notes: Monitoring Sludge in Pumps
- White Paper: Gage vs. Absolute vs. Sealed Pressure
- White Paper: Guide to Pressure Transducer Selection
- Technical Article: Level with Me
- Technical Article: Liquid Level Measurement
- Technical Article: Pressure Sensing Technologies
- White Paper: Pressure, Its Units of Measure and Pressure References
- White Paper: Strain Gage Pressure Transducer
- Technical Article: Using Viatran's Field Calibration Feature